The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nesteld in the southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone toppled by defensive palisades. Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks that are fabled to contain strange creatures of immense power.
The village has a population of about 1000 residents including the nearby farms. Most of its residents are humans with a scattering of dwarf families and a couple of elves. The outergate is closed at night and guarded by 2 guards regardless of the hour. The major inn in Winterhaven is Wrafton’s Inn. Most of Winterhaven’s residents never leave the village vale and the majority of its residents are farmers though within the walls of Winterhaven reside several traders and craftsmen. Wagons occasionally head east down old King’s Road to FallCrest which is approximately five days away in terms of travel.
Winterhaven is ruled by The Lord Ernest Padraig.
Major Locations to visit are: (note: items in bold should be visited at some point)
- Wrafton’s Inn(2) Salvana Wrafton , Eilian the Old , Ninaran , Valthrun the Prescient
- Market Square(3) Delphina Moongem
- Smithy(5) Thair Coalstriker
- Valthrun’s Tower(6) Valthrun the Prescient
- Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe(7) Bairwin Wildarson
- Wariior Guild(8) Rond Kelfem
- Temple(10) Sister Linora
- WinterHaven Siege Supplies(12)
- WinterHaven Barracks(13)
- Manor House(14) Lord Ernest Padraig